fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Where are the "12+ Future Templates"?

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 4 months 3 weeks ago #30318

• lousyfool
  • Thank you received: 4
I signed up for your Agency Bundle on 01 December 2020, means a little over 7 months ago.

Since then, you've added 4 (four!) new templates: Archi, Cretiv, Event and Workout.

With less than 5 months left in my subscription, what's going to happen?

1. You'll get very busy and publish 8 (eight!) new template before the end of November 2021?
or
2. You'll extend my membership until all 8 missing templates are available?
or
3. By 30 November 2021 you'll refund me worth the percentage of missing templates?
or
4. You admit to making false promises to potential new subscribers?

Even if #1 is not going to happen and #4 is your choice, you'd still be bound to either #2 or #3 or a better equivalent, obviously.

Thank you.

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 4 months 3 weeks ago #30333

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 9
Not speaking on behalf of JoomDev but with the global pandemic, I'm sure it's hard for them to get out 12 templates (one each month) right now and odds are they are not in the USA and may still be in a shut down or lockdown. This is another reason why I personally only buy individual templates. I'm gonna update the look and feel of my site maybe once a year, not every month. Now if you are a web designer it's nice but again would you rather have 12 templates a year or 6 good ones that have almost no bugs.
The only thing that scares me is there has been no updates to Astroid in 4 months now and looking at Github the last Dev work was 2 months ago. Why has development been paused? Is something going on? I really love JoomDev and rely on the Astroid Framework for my business site, but I also love the support and development you guys do here and I'm actually worried about future support as this point. If you guys are waiting on Joomla 4 remember there is still gonna be a Joomla 3.10 also that will have 2 years of updates and support. I'm personally likely to stay on Joomla 3.10 for a year before going to Joomla 4 because my site needs to make sure everything is compatible.
But not to get off-subject. I would say the pandemic is to blame for the shortage of templates and that is understandable.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by vbctv2005.

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 4 months 3 weeks ago #30334

• lousyfool
@vbctv2005:
I appreciate you opinion but, with all respect, I disagree.

Sure, the pandemic has had bad effects on many industries and businesses. But if any changes were notable across the web development and design industry, it has boomed since -- for obvious reasons.

IMO, the pandemic is also not a valid "excuse" in case of Joomdev.

Firstly, the "12+ Future Templates" promise stands since a while back before end of 2020. I haven't done that research yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it had been false in the past as well, to be honest.

Then, I subscribed and paid for "12+ Future Templates" in December 2020, means in the almost exact middle of the pandemic, when looking at it from today. Before and after, including currently, the product was and still is advertised as such, actually I keep getting all these newsletter emails with special discount offers for me to sign up to (again?!).

Only in 2021 India, where Joomdev is based, got hit harder by the pandemic, yet the product is still advertised the same way, the newsletters keep coming, it's all the same. No surprise there, and if only due to "working from home", maybe.

If (just in case: IF) Joomdev had any negative impact from the pandemic ever since, why do they over all the time and still today advertise the product with the same "features"? In this case, why not change that? Why not make an apologetic announcement including explanation on the homepage? Why not tell existing subscribers in a targeted emailing?

I guess the answer is simple: it is not the case. Which is my point when disagreeing with your opinion, sorry.

The point of my original post is: a product (subscription) is advertised containing 12+ whatever at a certain price tag, but eventually the customer receives only a fraction of what he was promised and paid for. Excuse me, but what do you as a customer do in such case? Right, you complain, ask for either delivery of the missing items or refund of at least a part of your payment. You don't go like, "Uh, at least I got half of the cookies in the package I bought, and they're really good, so let's not bother about the rest," as you're suggesting, sort of.

With a few months left in my particular case, I am asking before I actually get reason to complain, and that's what my original post is about. Because I foresee trouble, but I'd prefer it to be avoided.

As for Joomdev keeping the product up to date, I do agree with you. I also had a case (under a different username here in the forum) where it took first weeks to get at least a workaround for an obvious oversight in Astroid, then months for an updated version to be released which included the fix -- finally.

I wonder if Joomdev is the right horse I put my money on. So far it doesn't look like it, and -- on top of the dollars paid for it -- I might have wasted more other dollars and time. Latest if I don't get a proper answer from them to my original post, all bets will be off and I will surely not renew. Whether I'll then have the time and nerve to go and warn other potential buyers of this then half-empty cookie pack will have to be seen then.

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by lousyfool.

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 4 months 2 weeks ago #30378

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
vbctv2005 wrote:
Not speaking on behalf of JoomDev but with the global pandemic, I'm sure it's hard for them to get out 12 templates (one each month) right now and odds are they are not in the USA and may still be in a shut down or lockdown. This is another reason why I personally only buy individual templates. I'm gonna update the look and feel of my site maybe once a year, not every month. Now if you are a web designer it's nice but again would you rather have 12 templates a year or 6 good ones that have almost no bugs.
The only thing that scares me is there has been no updates to Astroid in 4 months now and looking at Github the last Dev work was 2 months ago. Why has development been paused? Is something going on? I really love JoomDev and rely on the Astroid Framework for my business site, but I also love the support and development you guys do here and I'm actually worried about future support as this point. If you guys are waiting on Joomla 4 remember there is still gonna be a Joomla 3.10 also that will have 2 years of updates and support. I'm personally likely to stay on Joomla 3.10 for a year before going to Joomla 4 because my site needs to make sure everything is compatible.
But not to get off-subject. I would say the pandemic is to blame for the shortage of templates and that is understandable.

Thank you but the pandemic clearly isn't (directly the reason), we are not able to provide regular templates/updates.

There are a few things.
- We got ourselves too occupied and excited with the new version of builder and kind of forgot about everything else.
- The pandemic has had some mental impact (due to isolation) on a few of our team members and kind of pushed us back a little.
- Few folks on our team had some health issues as well.

In any event, the above are really issues personal to us and as a company we should be delivering what we had promised, so we are going to stop a little bit of push on the new products for the moment and deliver on our existing products with updates and new templates on an ongoing basis.

Thank you for your patience and trying to work this with us.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 4 months 2 weeks ago #30377

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
lousyfool wrote:
I signed up for your Agency Bundle on 01 December 2020, means a little over 7 months ago.

Since then, you've added 4 (four!) new templates: Archi, Cretiv, Event and Workout.

With less than 5 months left in my subscription, what's going to happen?

1. You'll get very busy and publish 8 (eight!) new template before the end of November 2021?
or
2. You'll extend my membership until all 8 missing templates are available?
or
3. By 30 November 2021 you'll refund me worth the percentage of missing templates?
or
4. You admit to making false promises to potential new subscribers?

Even if #1 is not going to happen and #4 is your choice, you'd still be bound to either #2 or #3 or a better equivalent, obviously.

Thank you.

Hi,

We'll extend your membership to make sure you do get 12 future templates that are support to be part of your subscription period.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 4 months 2 weeks ago #30383

• lousyfool
admin wrote:
We'll extend your membership to make sure you do get 12 future templates that are support to be part of your subscription period.

Thanks,
Chetan

Thank you.

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 2 months 1 week ago #31154

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Good day Joomdev! I have some issues that are aligned with this thread. I too have paid for Agency Bundle both last year and recently renewed, so I've now committed to your product/s for 2+ years and have watched both the highs and lows of customer support, rollout delays, unfulfilled feature requests, and invisible roadmaps.

More recently I learned that Joomdev is the division of a larger group that also includes Mighty Themes (possibly others) which raises questions regarding governance and human resources. I mention this because as of today, there are 18 Support Topics that have NO Replies (some are over a month old.) I've seen no Announcement or Update on the NEW version of PageBuilder that has been promised for many months.

One of the more recent responses to this thread indicated Joomdev would be giving more attention to fulfilling plans (such as Agency bundle) but the NEW templates that have been released are neither compelling nor innovative, instead they're rather generic. I also queried the group at Mighty Themes and they indicated that my Agency bundle here doesn't qualify me to access their WP addons even though they're near identical to the ones offered here. This is rather disingenuous to have a customer pay again for very similar products when you're not even fulfilling your promises.

I still very much appreciate your products and hope that whatever management and resource issues your parent company is struggling with will be restored and properly appropriated so this and other customers can have our faith restored. Thank you!
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by dankra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ideasgirl

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 2 months 1 week ago #31155

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 9
Have you looked at the MightyThemes website and their support forum. Same deal, no recent posts being answered.

I love JoomDev and their templates and extensions but I'm very worried that it has been abandoned or the team has moved on to other things and we are just getting minimal support now.
But on the other foot, Joomla 4 was just released and many providers are delaying or still working on support because of the many changes. And remember everything has to also work with Joomla 3.10 since it is a Long Term Release also.

I just know that I'd at least like some kind of confidence or guarantee that JoomDev is sticking around and I don't have to worry about re-developing my site using a new provider. I think we all deserve answers and guarantees at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankra, ideasgirl

Where are the "12+ Future Templates"? 2 months 3 days ago #31207

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Very valid points made here and certainly shared.

I have been a customer for 3 years and I love the work these guys do and really had high hopes, I am also concerned with the lack of response, common courtesy you would have imagined at least some kind of explanation as to what's going on here?

We have all invested heavily into Joomdev and especially JD Builder, been a lot of issues regarding the migration to J4 but we are very early in the game and although we have had Beta versions for actually over a year the final months there have been over 400 file changes and a miriad of other changes made which means the templates alone are going to take a huge undertaking to update let alone JD Builder, god knows how long that's going to take?

That said, there's been plenty of time for testing and getting at least Astroid and JD Builder running on J4 and we all want to move over our personal and client sites but I fear we could be in for a long wait here and I doubt older templates will get the same attention newer ones have. Again Agency Bundle members like us invest in Joomdev and I really have to agree Chetan and the team should at least offer us some kind of transparency in terms of what on earth is actually going on here!

Lets hope this isn't another ship in the water, exepcted great things from these guys, not going to lie I still deal with some other providers as well, but they are having similar issues in regards to updating everything since the inital J4 release.

Here's hoping.
If you can be anything in this world, be kind!
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds
Cron Job Starts