fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification?

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31307

• sjmatthews
  • Thank you received: 3
Thank you for all the recommendations :)

However, I have already been put off of two of the big boys, JoomlArt! after reading they lost customers data due to not having a backup of a database and YOOTheme because you can't trial their products and they seem to be WordPress heavy :unsure:

I will have a look at JoomShaper and maybe RocketTheme.

- I really want to stay with JoomDev because if you see past the bugs when first released, their pagebuilder and extensions are really quite good and easy to use. But I think i have to face facts and assume this is the end of JoomDev :(

I hope everyone at JoomDev are safe and well :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31310

• latino07
  • Thank you received: 1
sjmatthews wrote:

However, I have already been put off of two of the big boys, JoomlArt! after reading they lost customers data due to not having a backup of a database and YOOTheme because you can't trial their products and they seem to be WordPress heavy :unsure:

- I really want to stay with JoomDev because if you see past the bugs when first released, their pagebuilder and extensions are really quite good and easy to use. But I think i have to face facts and assume this is the end of JoomDev :(

Well those two are also my finalist. However, concern about RT as past troubles and changes in personnel. Used to use RT most of the time. I am familiar with Gantry (fast and Open Source) but think HELIX ULTIMATE is the way to go. Still making a choice.

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31311

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 9
sjmatthews wrote:

Yootheme is actually very Joomla heavy. I use both their Zoo & Widgetkit components as main features of my site. I have actually considered going to YooTheme but I am put off by the fact they only offer a page builder and template as an all-in-one take it or leave it package. I'm not a fan of page builders because I like working a lot of customization of my site. I like using a vanilla template framework and building it out to fit my sites needs.
I've come to the realization that the free templates are perfect and all you need and can be built off of with customization, that the investment or cost comes with the extensions.

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 2 weeks ago #31324

• act242
This delay in development is really troublesome. I have used some of the other builders - and have designed many sites from scratch. JD Builder does a great job. Besides - I have substantial time left on my subscription - which I really cannot use.

JoomDev - just let us know what is going on.

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31352

• pkuhlmann
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I think Jomdev get the same destiny like Joomlashine.
They will close their doors soon.... Hopefully not!

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31353

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 9
I sent an email to the admins this morning and waiting to see if we get any response.
Meanwhile I've started playing with Helix Ultimate from JoomShaper and seeing how much time I'm going to need to re-develop my site if JoomDev continues with no communication by the end of the month.
I built most of my site with Plug and Play stuff and even the custom CSS for the most part can be taken from one template to another except the actual template parts. Using Zoo and Widgetkit for most of my site, I just put the Widgetkit modules into my Zoo content and link to menu items. I learned a long time ago it's better to have the majority of your site able to be plugged into any template or framework so it's less time to build when needed.

Seeing 2 pages of posts and no communication still from any mods or admins, not exactly promising. I think the Joomlashine shut down was more shocking if JoomDev does. Joomlashine was around along time, where JoomDev is only about 2 years now. I think we have to stick with the going nowhere companies like Joomlart, JoomShaper, YooTheme, Rockettheme. They've been around so long and you know they aren't going anywhere.

Again I hope JoomDev does stick around but it's not promising right now as we've seen other people even FB message them and still nothing...

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31355

• latino07
Hi:
Well RT seems to be making progress. Gantry is fast and established. Will decide soon between Helix and RT. Probably will return to RT as I am familiar with Gantry.

Sorry, I too was hoping JoomDev could evolve. Hope they are fine, but no news are bad news and besides will not like to be in such uncertainty in the future.

Later,

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31358

• latino07
Hi:
Check development could be another source of information / evaluation:

Helix Ultimate:
github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/releases

Rocket Theme Gantry 5
github.com/gantry/gantry5/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md

Another point of difference is the theme or topic specific templates. RT lacks in that area, for long time community asked for that and never delivered. Will make decision for next black Friday savings. For now, will test free template engines and see if JoomDev finally update their status as Joomla Template Developer.

Later,

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31359

• pkuhlmann
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Just my 5 cent.
Helix is the best alternate for Astroid. I tried with an existing website which was build with Astroid and just install the Helix basic template and deactivate Astroid Plugin, everything is working fine. Helix is very similar and its easy to convert an Astroid theme to Helix.
RT with Gantry is horrible and not so flexible like Helix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankra, ideasgirl

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31362

• Sch
  • Thank you received: 7
Wow that's pretty sobering and just annoying that still hasn't been a statement posted here from the developers.
It would be a real shame if Joomdev closes its doors.

Here is a breakdown of the last posts by some admins:
@Lalit Kumar: 20 Oct.
@Chandandeep: 13 October
@Semnaveen: 30 September
@Admin: 20 September
@Nishtha: 30 April

The activity of @Admin in particular worries me.
The last blog entry was from 04 October.

Sure development can take a long time and Joomdev has always announced that they are working hard on it.
Was that really it?
At least a statement MUST come!

Of course, it's possible that most of the staff simply went on holiday together and will present a brand new version of the page builder as soon as they get back. :P
One can still dream? :dry:

@Lalit Kumar was the last active admin. Maybe we should write to him?
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Sch.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds
Cron Job Starts