fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification?

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31363

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 9
Sch wrote:
Wow that's pretty sobering and just annoying that still hasn't been a statement posted here from the developers.
It would be a real shame if Joomdev closes its doors.

Here is a breakdown of the last posts by some admins:
@Lalit Kumar: 20 Oct.
@Chandandeep: 13 October
@Semnaveen: 30 September
@Admin: 20 September
@Nishtha: 30 April

The activity of @Admin in particular worries me.
The last blog entry was from 04 October.

Sure development can take a long time and Joomdev has always announced that they are working hard on it.
Was that really it?
At least a statement MUST come!

Of course, it's possible that most of the staff simply went on holiday together and will present a brand new version of the page builder as soon as they get back. :P
One can still dream? :dry:

@Lalit Kumar was the last active admin. Maybe we should write to him?

There's been no development since the last update 2.5.4 for Astroid. You can look at their Github, it's all public and even change to the dev version.
And the worse part is I'm sure the admins have seen this post and seen everybody worried and have done nothing about it. They have the Facebook messages and emails sent. They've been online recently according to the forum profiles.
It's been almost a month since I posted this post asking for communication and at this point JoomDev is losing their reputation and user base because they can't reply to messages.
I've started working with helix an re-developing my website. Even if JoomDev sticks around I have my doubts about sticking with them because if you can post a blog post about Social Profiles but you can't let your users know what's going on, there is a trust issue there.
And so far working with Helix, it is indeed very close to JoomDev and even support BootStrap 5 on Joomla 3, so when I upgrade to Joomla 4, everything will be set already.

I'm just very shocked that JoomDev is going down like this. Even JoomlaShine gave notice and communicated with their users. Only one other Joomla company I ever used totally abandoned their product without any communication to their users and that was HWDMediaShare. The admins and mods just disappeared and never posted again and developed the product. A year later most people just cancelled their subscriptions and had to find new solutions because you knew after a year of no updates or communication that the product was dead.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by vbctv2005.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31364

• Sch
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks for Info.
I've started working with helix an re-developing my website.
  1. Did you start completely from scratch or were you able to take something over?
  2. Do you use the page builder from Joomshaper?

State Of JoomDev? Can we please get some clarification? 1 month 1 week ago #31365

• vbctv2005
  • Thank you received: 9
Sch wrote:
Thanks for Info.
I've started working with helix an re-developing my website.
  1. Did you start completely from scratch or were you able to take something over?
  2. Do you use the page builder from Joomshaper?

No I don’t have to scratch. My site is built to mostly be plug and play via modules and Zoo & Widgetkit.
I just use the Helix Framework default template. I never use page builders.
I just copied the custom css from joomdev to helix and now I’m making the changes needed. But I’m also going to upgrade Widgetkit from 2 to 3 so that’s going to require redoing a lot of custom css.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Cron Job Starts