fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ?

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 1 year 7 months ago #26158

• Chacapamac
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Last Astroid Framework
Last Template Zero

I wonder why a simple Bootstrap accordion taken from Bootstrap basic code example here is not working properly?
—> getbootstrap.com/docs/4.5/components/collapse/—> From Bootstrap

Look at my page test and click around and yo will see that sometimes it work and sometimes accordion items are not closing or stay open at one point
—> www.graf-test.ca/astroid/index.php/fr/ta...ation-efoil-cruising

Almost the same Libraries are loaded, I’m note sure why?
<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.5.1.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/umd/popper.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.5.2/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

The Bootstrap code is:
<div class="accordion" id="accordionExample">
  <div class="card">
    <div class="card-header" id="headingOne">
      <h2 class="mb-0">
        <button class="btn btn-link btn-block text-left" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#collapseOne" aria-expanded="true" aria-controls="collapseOne">
          Collapsible Group Item #1
        </button>
      </h2>
    </div>

<div id="collapseOne" class="collapse show" aria-labelledby="headingOne" data-parent="#accordionExample">
      <div class="card-body">
        Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et. Nihil anim keffiyeh helvetica, craft beer labore wes anderson cred nesciunt sapiente ea proident. Ad vegan excepteur butcher vice lomo. Leggings occaecat craft beer farm-to-table, raw denim aesthetic synth nesciunt you probably haven't heard of them accusamus labore sustainable VHS.
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="card">
    <div class="card-header" id="headingTwo">
      <h2 class="mb-0">
        <button class="btn btn-link btn-block text-left collapsed" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#collapseTwo" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="collapseTwo">
          Collapsible Group Item #2
        </button>
      </h2>
    </div>
    <div id="collapseTwo" class="collapse" aria-labelledby="headingTwo" data-parent="#accordionExample">
      <div class="card-body">
        Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et. Nihil anim keffiyeh helvetica, craft beer labore wes anderson cred nesciunt sapiente ea proident. Ad vegan excepteur butcher vice lomo. Leggings occaecat craft beer farm-to-table, raw denim aesthetic synth nesciunt you probably haven't heard of them accusamus labore sustainable VHS.
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="card">
    <div class="card-header" id="headingThree">
      <h2 class="mb-0">
        <button class="btn btn-link btn-block text-left collapsed" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#collapseThree" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="collapseThree">
          Collapsible Group Item #3
        </button>
      </h2>
    </div>
    <div id="collapseThree" class="collapse" aria-labelledby="headingThree" data-parent="#accordionExample">
      <div class="card-body">
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>
Last Edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Chacapamac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 1 year 7 months ago #26173

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 652
Hello,

I found old bootstrap.min.js file loaded. Please remove it.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 1 year 7 months ago #26192

• Chacapamac
  • Platinum Member
Thanks chandandeep for the reply;

I see 2 bootstrap.min.js loaded
One at —> /media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js?a486b4fb14d525954e69ffbe5467a529

and one at:
/media/astroid/assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js?v=2.4.7

What one is the one to be deleted ?

Good Day JoomDev! B)

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 1 year 7 months ago #26195

• Chacapamac
  • Platinum Member
The one in the —> media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js seem to be the Custom version for Joomla!

The one in the —> media/astroid/assets/vendor/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js is your Bootstrap v4.5.2

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 1 year 7 months ago #26215

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 652
Please disable the mention file. Because this is old version of bootstrap.

media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chacapamac

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 1 year 7 months ago #26223

• Chacapamac
  • Platinum Member
Yep chandandeep you absolutely right, taking out media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js make the bootstrap accordion work perfectly. But, many other extensions stop working correctly. I guess, as media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js is package in the last Joomla versions devs use it for their extensions.

At this point, I’m not sure I can do anything for that problem ?

Thanks chandandeep for your infos.

I will look for a solution and come back here to close the post.

The problem is that Joomla 3.9 seem stuck in the old ways....

[SOLVED] A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 11 months 5 days ago #30487

• cpaschen
I wish I would have seen this before I had started converting sites to Astroid.

Based on this, it appears that moving to Astroid completely breaks parts of Joomla (or severely limits what other extensions that you use).

And considering the seriousness of this it really should be noted on your main page.
I'd write a review and post on the JED; however, Astroid is not listed on the JED (Hmmm ... why is that???)

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 11 months 4 days ago #30506

• Chacapamac
  • Platinum Member
I can confirm that removing —> media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js is not a solution as even part of Joomla cease to work (Like administration menus....)

When we talk about accordions, to my knowledge none of the one in the JED can work with bootstrap 4 without hack (Astroid) — This is a problem and not even bootstrap 4 accordions work because media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js

How to fix.

I reopen this to Not Solved yet....
Based on this, it appears that moving to Astroid completely breaks parts of Joomla (or severely limits what other extensions that you use).

To me Astroid is simply the best Joomla Framework out there & I try ALL the top ones.
— Astroid doesn’t brake parts of Joomla 3 and work without a glitch in tandem.
— Evidently Joomla 3 use old bootstrap librairies that will be updated to the soon to be, Joomla 4 and some extensions developers are late to adapt to the newer code. We are in transition. :silly:

I now work only with Astroid and used many type of extensions (e-commerce, booking, sliders, and many others and everything work perfectly. Joomdev decided to be at the fine point of web technology, not at the back, I like that...

My grief here, is that I use Accordions & tabs extensively on most my websites and I struggle to have a working solution on Astroid for the same reasons....
Last Edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Chacapamac.

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 11 months 4 days ago #30508

• cpaschen
Well, when their own modules don't work (i.e. team has recommended JDAccordion - but it still doesn't work), and they are doing things that completely override Joomla functionality, that is not a professional/sustainable solution.
And the fact that their 'solution' basically trashes standard functions on the admin side is just silly that they even suggest that.

And the way they implement this, via a system plugin, that even overrides all other templates that you install and try to use*, without explaining what they are doing, is NOT the type of business that I want to be working with.

*BTW ... the obvious work-around (in standard Joomla terms) is that I could just install a different template and apply that to the one or two pages where I need accordion (or other issue that has conflicts). However, because they add their bootstrap js code via a system plugin that runs on EVERY page (no matter what template is assigned to the page) means that there is no way to have Astroid installed AND be able to use something that uses accordions or other similar functionality.

And yes, there are other template frameworks that do NOT use Bootstrap 4 and work just fine. And if you need some other design/style functions, it's much easier to introduce UIKit to Joomla without conflicting with the existing Bootstrap 3 - and giving you some more updated looks.

Bottom line ... making something look pretty at the cost of basic functionality is really not good if you're trying to provide reputable services to paying web clients.

A simple Bootstrap accordion not working properly on Astroid /Zero ? 11 months 1 day ago #30531

• Chacapamac
  • Platinum Member
• Removing media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js is not a solution
— Break Joomla core functionality....

• JDAccordion (working or not) is a module, we are talking about inserting accordions/tabs inside ARTICLES, modules are not a solution
— Who want to have to create a module and after inserting it in an article ?.
Accordion/Tabs for articles should be a plugin. Like that your content is in only one place, the article.
Note: look how the Plugin Regular Labs Slider (Accordions) work. You edit your article, insert the short code and fill you accordions content right there with anything you want — Saddly not working in Astroid (Conflicting with bootstrap.min.js)
regularlabs.com/sliders

This is the accordion I was always using (until going with Astroid) :unsure:
My only beef with it, it should integrate a Tab view (they have another plugin for that)

This is what an accordions/tabs plugin should do:
1- Should be a plugin - Shortcode in article insert accordion/tab

2- Should permit to make Tabs & accordions and even being able to switch tabs to accordions for mobile view

3- Should be able to insert any content that you can put in an article (video, texte, embed article, embed modules, whatever ....

4- Each accordion/tab element should be target like an html “anchor” element.
When an anchor link is pressed in the same page or another page you are redirected to the target accordion/tab element, that open and show it’s content
e.g— <a href="#My_anchor_name">This first anchor element</a>

5- You should have multiple possibilities to have certain Accordion/Tab elements open or close on arrival and diverse behavior like all other accordion item close when one is open ........

There you have something pro.

• Im taking time to describe this because, for me, this is a big problem and the only problem I have with Astroid.

• I also do it for their JD BUILDER that do not create proper accordions, It should have the possibilities enumerate here and you should be able to insert any type of content (enumerate above) directly from JD Builder in the accordion. It should not be different than inserting content in the article or the accordion from JD Builder. No Limitation.

Until Joomdev fix that, I will not be able to integrate JD BUILDER and even hesitate to create new websites that are unable to use accordions properly.... Kind of Sad, the rest of the framework is the best out there....
Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Chacapamac.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.624 seconds
Cron Job Starts