fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to include a search module in the Main Menu?

How to include a search module in the Main Menu? 6 months 2 weeks ago #29834

• VCHCP
  • Thank you received: 1
I am trying to add a search field (search module) to the Main Menu or in the empty space right next to the menu.

My efforts so far have failed. I created a new row in the astroid-header with a grid layout of 9/3 and replaced menu in the astroid header section with it. I actually don't care what the grid layout is (9/3, 10/2, etc.) as long as the menu and search module fit together horizontally. This caused the layout to go haywire. I also tried some plugins that allow modules to appear as menu items, but these caused double modules to appear, or showing source code on the web page, also wreaking havoc to the layout.

Here is the website: dev.vchealthcareplan.org/

I'm trying to place a simple Search field on the menu in the empty space under the Member/Provider sign in buttons and immediately to the right of the last menu item, "Provider Search" (See attached screenshot)

I also tried creating two new positions (astroid-header-left and astroid-header-right) in templateDetails.xml, but this also caused the page layout to go haywire.

Any suggestions on how to add a search field to the Main Menu bar? :huh:
Attachments:
Mike H
Ventura County Health Care Plan
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by VCHCP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to include a search module in the Main Menu? 6 months 2 weeks ago #29835

• Sch
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello,
your idea was right. You need to adjust the grid colums in the astroid framework settings. I try to explain that in step by step for the astroid template zero:
  1. Go to Extensions > Templates > Syles and select your astroid template. Klick "Template Options".
  2. Select layout and looking for your menu modul position. I take the Header Section for instance. This has in default a col-lg-12. (Screen1)
  3. Klick on "Edit Grid" to change the colums to 9-3
  4. Then add a module position to the col 3 (Screen2)
  5. For the new module position, you have to give a name e.g. "search". Klick "Edit Element" and you see the module position input (Screen3)
  6. Save and close the astroid framework.
  7. Go to > Extensions > Modules.
  8. Create a new search module (Screen4)
  9. Please select the position "search" and save the module settings.

Now there is a search box on the right site of your menu.
You can give that module a module class suffix for your css styling

I hope that helps.

greetings
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Sch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin, VCHCP

How to include a search module in the Main Menu? 6 months 2 weeks ago #29855

• VCHCP
  • Thank you received: 1
:woohoo: That worked! Thank you, Sch!
I had been so close to making it work before, and I don't know what detail I had gotten wrong, but following your steps exactly and creating a new search (as opposed to using the one I created prior to installing Astroid) solved my issue and gave me what I needed. Thank you so much!

Mike
Mike H
Ventura County Health Care Plan
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by VCHCP. Reason: Punctuation edit and additional clarity.

How to include a search module in the Main Menu? 6 months 2 weeks ago #29890

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Thanks @Sch for helping a fellow Joomlaer! I hadn't been active on the forum earlier in the week.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds
Cron Job Starts