fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue

Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue 5 months 6 hours ago #30710

:(
Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue
Please tell us how to get rid of this problem
Can we ignore this issue and continue with upgrade to Joomla 4
In an old version of the Joomla 3.10 docs they state that all templates except Prostar and beez must be uninstall This is an impossible task on an existing site
This is rather urgent and I expect a common problem with Framework users wanting to upgrade
The latest update on Framework and Temp zero and Temp 1 is done
www,dragonflies.co.za
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue 5 months 3 hours ago #30712

• Nidzo
  • Thank you received: 3
Installed latest version of Astroid Framework and templates on fresh J4 without any issue.

Don't migrate on live site or make backup.

Many developers did not made their extensions Joomla 4 ready yet which is strange considering how long the development of Joomla 4 took time.

Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue 4 months 4 weeks ago #30718

I have done the compatability check and only Astroid is still "good enough" to show the message of potential problems There are a few minor plugind (Inclufing the :( :( Astroid templates thet indicates as no update info available I have deleted most of the "unused" plugins and extentions I am not fond of to many extentions as I it does not give any positive improvement to the sit it does not get use I regret not doing this police long ago as I now have Extentions and pligins tot I can not even find to delete or is impossible to delete Some of these are picked up by the J3.10 comparitor
I heve good backups for the last number of days done by the SP .Ax an experiment I will go Joomla 4 and let you know via this post on the progress
Just some clarification on your statement not to upgrade or backup. What is your recomendation on when one may start thinking about upgrading. I do recomend using the J 3.10 comparison checker. Works well
Please have a look for us why the Comparitor is showing Astroid package as wel as both templates as possibly not J4 compattable. II allways thought Astoid will be plaain saling with the upgrade have done some updates to extensions ( one that is significant to my site is Sigplus) Initially it showed as not compattable I ran the update and now it indicates as no further updates required Is there a setting you guys need to do the get past the comarator
As usual I believe in feedback Thanks for the fast reponce but like a said before clarify the statemrnt not to upgrade As asked maybe give us a feedback on how to correct the Astroid updates

Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue 4 months 4 weeks ago #30720

• Nidzo
  • Thank you received: 3
I meant that you upgrade your site on localhost or subdomain not on production site as precaution.
I've tried to upgrade three sites and every one had some kind of issues or fatal errors that made site unusable.
Joomla 3.10 will have 2 years support. I will wait little more with upgrading and making sites with J4.

Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue 4 months 4 weeks ago #30737

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hi Everyone,

Even though Astroid is compatiable with Joomla 3.10. I am sure there might be issues (each site may vary), when you upgrade.

Joomla 3 isn't going away anytime soon and I's suggest not rushing in for the upgrade and testing your sites on a test server first.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankra

Joomla 3.10 gives Astroid Packages as Potential upgrade issue 4 months 3 weeks ago #30778

• dankra
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
@admin Just a suggestion, you may want to pin a message titled "Joomla 3.10 Update and Astroid - Read First" to the Announcements on JoomDev forum. I've seen multiple (nested) threads that mention this related to other issues. It might save newbies from trouble.

I almost pulled the trigger on updating my sites (all using Astroid) until I saw some of your admonitions.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds
Cron Job Starts