fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deleted astroid from Joomla 4 (extension manager) and site crashed

Deleted astroid from Joomla 4 (extension manager) and site crashed 3 months 22 hours ago #31326

• fsoufi
I am working on a new website, I installed an old version of astroid (was included in a template) then i thought i should get the latest astroid version, so I deleted the old one from the extension manager and that was the end of the website !
now I cannot access the admin panel nor the website, i only get this error :

0 Return value of Astroid\Framework::getDocument() must be an instance of Astroid\Document, null returned
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deleted astroid from Joomla 4 (extension manager) and site crashed 3 months 20 hours ago #31327

• lousyfool
  • Thank you received: 4
Well, you could have simply updated Astroid to its current version, or install the current version "over" the old one.

Now, when you attempted to uninstall, you did not uninstall all of it, obviously.

Three options:

1. If you haven't done much else on the site yet, just delete everything and start over with a fresh, "virgin" Joomla.

2. Or restore from backup, then update Astroid or re-install its current version, or uninstall your old one properly and completely.

3. Or clean up manually: on the server, first in the file manager, then in the database with phpMyAdmin, search for "astroid" and delete all file folders and individual files containing the word, as well as all rows containing the word in the various database tables.

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fsoufi

Deleted astroid from Joomla 4 (extension manager) and site crashed 3 months 19 hours ago #31328

• fsoufi
Thank you for reply!
I will go with the 3rd option, I need to remove everything manually then i will re-install it.

Do you have any idea which tables/folders i should look into ?

Deleted astroid from Joomla 4 (extension manager) and site crashed 3 months 19 hours ago #31329

• lousyfool
  • Thank you received: 4
As I already said, use the search functions on your server.

I would have to do the same, only to list everything here... :sick:

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)
Last Edit: 3 months 19 hours ago by lousyfool.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds
Cron Job Starts