fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Template and Quickstart

Template and Quickstart 8 months 2 weeks ago #29759

• ralphmunoz
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi there.

I am working on 2 new websites for which I bought the JD Berlin and JD Medical templates on 05/08/2021.
I have the 2 domains already hosted, where Joomla was installed with the auto-installer, so in addition to installing Joomla it also automatically created a database. Although the pages have not yet anything designed, as I was going to start working from the templates.

I installed each template in its respective domain, but then I realized that there is only the template and not all the files as it shows in the live demo. After investigating I found that to have all the design as it shows in the live demo, I need to install with Quickstart.

I have some questions:
1. If I uninstall the template to install Quickstart, do I lose the license of the template that was already installed?
2. When I bought my hosting plan, I used my hosting service's auto-installer to install Joomla, which automatically created a database. Having already Joomla and a database, can I install Quickstart to have all the design as shown in live demo and be easier to work drag and drop with my page builder?

Please, need your help because I want to work with the entire template as shows in live demo.

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
Ralph.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Template and Quickstart 8 months 2 weeks ago #29768

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hi Ralph,

Replies in order.

1. You don't loose the license when you uninstall the template in order to install Quickstart.
2. I think you can remove the existing install (using the hosting's auto-installed) and then install quickstart manually (manually creating database and all) and then many auto-installers let's you scan your hosting account so you can add the new installation to the auto-installer and manage it here.

It will be very easy for you to use the QuickStart and then use drag and drop to modify the design to fit your needs.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ralphmunoz

Template and Quickstart 8 months 2 weeks ago #29773

• ralphmunoz
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi there admin,
I have an important question:

Do I have to uninstall the JD Berlin template and also the Joomla installation and MySQL database that I installed a few days ago with the auto-installer of my hosting plan?
If so, I have to install everything from scratch, which means QuickStart will install Joomla and MySQL database again?

Thanks for all.
Regards.
Ralph.
Attachments:

Template and Quickstart 8 months 2 weeks ago #29774

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Yes and Yes Ralph. You have to reinstall from scratch.

This should help: docs.joomdev.com/article/difference-betw...-quickstart-package/
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ralphmunoz
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds
Cron Job Starts