fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Site displayed differently in Internet explorer

Site displayed differently in Internet explorer 1 year 9 months ago #21503

• ue
Hi,
I have two problems:

I'm using JD builder for developing a site. The front page is displaying differently when opened in Internet explorer (v11.x) but works just fine in all other browsers that I've tried. It can be described so: On the front page there are 4 boxes with space between them. (2x2 matrix). These boxes all have the same setup: From top to bottom, Image, heading and then text(content). In internet explorer there appears a lot of whitespace after the text, and it has the height of a whole screen. This whitespace is contained within the box and looks like I've just inserted a lot of empty lines. This happens for all the boxes.
I'm not an experienced website developer and I've tried everything that I could think of. Is this something that you can help me with?

On the front page there is a large image that used to stretch to the width of the window. Now suddenly it doesn't and I have no idea why. I think this happened after I updated the site but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

I can provide the link to the site in pm.

Joomla, extensions and all browsers are updated.

php version 7.2.27
Joomla version 3.9.16 Stable
JD Builder version 1.6.1
The topic has been locked.

Site displayed differently in Internet explorer 1 year 9 months ago #21521

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hello,

Replies in order:
1. Things are weird in Internet Explorer and we don't actively support it. I'd suggest upgrading to Microsoft Edge or switch to Firefox.
2. It may be due to update. Can you try editing the page and adding the image again?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Site displayed differently in Internet explorer 1 year 8 months ago #21675

• ue
Thank you for your reply Chetan.

The picture problem had already fixed itself. I didn't change anything and it suddenly worked.

I had a feeling you didn't support IE.

Thanks for the help!

Best,
ue

Site displayed differently in Internet explorer 1 year 8 months ago #21682

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hey,

Since the main problem has been resolved, so I guess now we can close this topic.
And like Chetan said earlier we don't really provide support sites working on IE, so will consider the problem solved now.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds
Cron Job Starts