fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21891

Hi

Having a problem with layout of Joomla Articles on a JD Builder Page in Mobile View.
In desktop or tablet view its fine, however on a mobile phone (Note 10) the layout is unworkable.

Were using Grid Layout, 3 Column. When we narrow the screen this drops to 2 column, but on a phone its so narrow the text falls outside the box. So what we want is just 1 column. To try and enable this we have adjusted the responsive setting of the column to Responsive Mobile 1 Column, but the result is the pictures disappear and the text is only half the width of the screen.

If you want a login to the admin to see whats going on please let me know. Or if you can tell me where were going wrong that would be appreciated.
The page is topprfirm.co.uk/case-studies

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21897

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hi,

I can see in the code that you don't have the responsive column setup correctly. Can you make sure for mobile the number of columns is 1. Happy to take a look though. send login to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21918

Yes, I was playing around with these settings (in the column settings - I was playing with the Mobile Responsive setting, I must have set it to 2. Its now set back to 1.

Login Details will be with you shortly.

Marc

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21922

• admin
  • Administrator
Thanks for sending the login info. It is corrected.
So, instead of having 1 column size on mobile I changed it to 12 and that corrected it and the layout on desktop is fine too.

Thanks,
Chetan
Attachments:
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21936

Hi Chetan

Thanks for doing that, but I am still having issues. The Case Studies page is now good for the Joomla Articles. But having an issue with the button above the articles. On Desktop its great, but as soon as the page goes tablet or mobile the button left justifies rather than remaining centre.

We also have the same article issues with both the homepage and the Services page.

So on the Home Page I copied the section from the case studies page (as it is also case studies anyway) hoping that this would resolve the layout issue as the Responsive mobile was already set to 12. And on the services page I have set the responsive Mobile to 12.

I get exactly the same issue on both - 2 columns on mobile rather than 1.

What have I done wrong? I Have lots of these sections across a few sites to do, so would be useful to know whats wrong, rather than just having it fixed. I need to learn this B)

Can you reply to my direct email, please.

Thanks
Marc
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Cohendavis.

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21937

Don't worry about the Case Studies page - button left justified on Mobile & Tablet, I have just found that you have individual positioning elements for each screen size.

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21939

Eureka!! :D I have just figured out what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. So for anyone else that find this post here is the Fix.

This is in the JD Builder Editor:
This is relevant to a section with Joomla Articles layed out in a blog Grid (on mine 3 across on desktop, 2 on tablet and 1 on mobile).
In the Articles -> Layout. Mouse over the icon of a desktop to the right of the Title "Columns". 2 small icons will appear (Desktop, Tablet & Mobile)
Click the one you want to adjust (ie Mobile Set to 1 Column).

Save the page and your Done.

Joomla Articles Blog Layout on Mobile Issue 1 year 8 months ago #21940

• admin
  • Administrator
Glad it worked out for you Marc.
Thank You,
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Cron Job Starts