fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Form Element Phone Number Display Format

Form Element Phone Number Display Format 1 year 2 months ago #28629

• watched.live
  • Thank you received: 4
When using the Form Element within JD Builder, is there a means of setting the input format of the format to be "pretty", as in not just a string of 10 digits without any delimitation around the phone parts? This would need to be regional, due to the variety of phone number formats around the world, or simply designated by the administrator.

From a US/Canadian input, standard forms would be "000-000-0000" or "(000) 000-0000"

I see that there is a jdb-phoneinput variable in the page source which specifies that "format:0000000000;", however I'm not seeing a setting in JD Builder settings, or the Astroid settings (on jd_archi) where I could override this. I can use custom code to do an onLoad replacement of the jdb-phoneinput, however setting the "format:" this way causes strange issues when trying to type over a non digit, as well as selection issues when clicking at the end of the line (it will place cursor at the first in the field rather than the end, I can only click on a character that is within the first 10 characters and have the placing retained).

Is there a procedure for changing the appearance? If not, this is a Request for Feature Enhancement.

Environment Details:
Joomla! 3.9.25 Stable
JD Builder v1.11.2
HTTP Server: LightSpeed
DB: MariaDB
PHP Version: 7.4
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Form Element Phone Number Display Format 1 year 2 months ago #28634

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let the technical team know about it and let you know shortly on this.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: watched.live
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds
Cron Job Starts