fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there some way to edit an article in JDBuilder that was not originally created in JDBuilder?

Is there some way to edit an article in JDBuilder that was not originally created in JDBuilder? 7 months 4 days ago #29585

• VCHCP
  • Thank you received: 1
I have articles that were created using a different framework. I've now switched to Astroid Framework and installed JDBuilder.

Now I'm trying to edit my pre-existing articles in JDBuilder. So far, I can't get this to work. When I choose to edit an article in JDBuilder, it deletes all the pre-existing page content. Then when I create new content in JDBuilder, the page still doesn't show up in JDBuilder. The steps I'm taking (with screenshots provided) are listed below.

Website/Page URL: dev.vchealthcareplan.org/members/health-...c-100-employees.html

Here are the steps I'm taking:

1. I go to the pre-existing article I want to edit and click "Edit in JDBuilder."

2. The Joomla editor is opened and I can see the links that are already populated in the page content.
I then click "Edit in JDBuilder."

3. The article opens in JDBuilder but my previously created content is gone. Basically, I have to start from scratch? This would mean that an article created outside of JDBuilder cannot actually be edited in JDBuilder. Is that correct?
https://imgur.com/cKpPj0A

4. Lastly, once I have created NEW content in the article (or re-create the old content from scratch) and save it, I then I go into the main JDBuilder screen, the article that I edited and saved does not show up in the list. Is that the intended behavior? Am I doing something wrong?
https://imgur.com/0B7qk3b
Mike H
Ventura County Health Care Plan
Last Edit: 7 months 4 days ago by VCHCP. Reason: Fixing images
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is there some way to edit an article in JDBuilder that was not originally created in JDBuilder? 7 months 2 days ago #29601

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hey,

Thanks for trying out JD Builder! Replies are as follows:

#1 If you have created an article with JD Builder it will only be viewed and edited in JD Builder only and same with Joomla Editor article cannot be edited in JD Builder. One editor works at a time while editing.

#2 Yes, like I said article created outside JD Builder will not be edited in JD Builder and visa versa with Joomla editor.

#3 Joomla Article integration and JD Builder Pages are 2 different things. Joomla Article cannot be viewed in JD Builder page listing its a totally different thing.

I would also suggest you read the JD Builder documentation: docs.joomdev.com/category/jd-builder/ and
watch videos: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv9TlpLcS...fiT0x10HO5GGaTJhUB1K
to have a better understanding of the product.

Let me know for more.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VCHCP
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
Cron Job Starts