Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: URL pages created with JD PageBuilder

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 4 months 2 days ago #31059

• iorbita
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
...any news on this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31151

• iorbita
  • Premium Member
... ok no answer for 3 weeks for a purchased component, not sure that I will renew my subscription for JDBuilder Pro... sorry for that.

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31162

• watched.live
  • Thank you received: 4
Not that I'm joomdev staff by any means, but from my usage, that page would show up as both /page/11 and /corsi-sessioni

However, in terms of support questions, it does help specifying the version of JD PageBuilder you are on and the Joomla! version. Personally, I think that the issue of appending a /page/11 to the URL sounds to be a menus issue, not a PageBuilder issue, as Joomla! menus is what designates the URL.

Or at least mention where you are getting the /page/11 appended at. If you don't get that appended in the base menus, but from some generated content, that becomes useful information.

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31168

• iorbita
  • Premium Member
Hi,
I’m using the latest Joomla (3.10.2) and JDBuilder Pro updates and I don't think that could really be the cause of this issue, I rather think it’s JDBuilder Pro menu item behavior which generates two URLs: /corsi-sessioni is the page name and /page/11 is menu item ID number.
With this type of approach I have to define a canonical URL and/or use an SEF component in order to rename URL.
I expect Joomdev team give me some explanations on how to fix this behavior.
Thanks anyway,
Lorenzo

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31169

• watched.live
Providing the version isn't so much about what causes the issue, but more of an understanding. And in this case, since Joomla could also be on Joomla 4, or even the Joomla 3.9 branch, it is just a data point.

If you manually remove the /page/11 from the URL, does the page load up?

When you use the Joomla menu that you defined the page in, what url does that generate?

From your other posts, it looks like you are using Yogahut. And I swapped over my test site to that theme (since I had attempted to use it before until I changed to Archi), and I don't see the behavior you are experiencing.

I am not defining a canonical URL, nor any SEF functionality other than the baked in Joomla "System - SEF", but you are using at least that as well, otherwise you links would all be more of "index.php?option=com_jdbuilder&view=page&id=11", or at least start with "index.php".

Expectations or not (and yes, I do think they could probe more), you haven't provided a lot of detail. I'm personally of the thought that this is more of a Joomla menu building issue rather than a JD Builder issue, because that is what handles the SEF rewriting. Other than linking from one page directly to the next, from what I can tell, JD Builder leaves the URL creation up to Joomla.

Are you on IIS or Apache? The re-write engine is different.
Do you have any other components on your system? If so, do the URLs of them look correct when in the Menu structure?
Was your Joomla instance a fresh install in the 3.10.x or 3.9.x branch, or had it been upgraded from 3.8.x and previous?
If you Enable the Global Configuration > Site > SEO Settings > Add Suffix to URL, where does the .html extension show up?

Personally, I've not been able to even trick my system into generating the /pagename/page/11 format from a menu. However if I do use that format, I can change the 11 to another page number and get the page actually associated with that id rather than "pagename".

Although I would agree, these probe questions are things that joomdev staffers should have asked, rather than me.

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31188

• iorbita
  • Premium Member
Hi,
ok, first of all thanks for the interest in this issue
I may have forgotten to specify how to reproduce this url (sorry about that), it is displayed through breadcrumb navigation.

Try creating a JDbuilder menu item, from that same parent menu item create another menu item to a single article, if you want to go back to JDBuilder page (via breadcrumb) it’s page ID which is displayed and not alias menu

You know as well as I do that this double url will be indexed by search engines and will be considered as duplicate content and therefore penalized by search engines

I tried on my other test site and the behavior is still the same, now it would be interesting to know if the issue comes from Joomla or JDBuilder, in my opinion I rather blame JDBuilder

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31197

• watched.live
The Breadcrumbs is the key there. After I enabled my breadcrumbs (I don't have enough page structure to make sense for breadcrumbs), I am seeing the same behavior.

I checked the JD Builder code though, and there isn't any handling of breadcrumbs/pathways (the internal name of breadcrumbs in Joomla). When Joomla builds menu URLs, it does so in a different way than building pathways from my reading of code.

So I would say it looks to be an issue of both JD Builder and Joomla proper. JD Builder in terms of it not considering breadcrumbs. Joomla for dealing with the urls of Menus and Breadcrumbs differently.

Now as to not get penalized. Either disable breadcrumbs, or use a robots.txt file with a contents of:
user-agent: *
disallow: /page/

That way as long as the crawler sees the page via menus/direct links, it still gets indexed, but it won't store the breadcrumb designated urls. This may be a good thing to have if you had the breadcrumbs enabled on your live site, such that the next time the crawler comes, it will purge the wrong url from a search cache. Per Google's robots.txt documentation, you don't need to wildcard out the first folder, the pattern will apply to subfolders (see the example noting /fish/, /animals/fish/, and /fish/salmon.htm)
The following user(s) said Thank You: iorbita

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 3 weeks ago #31198

• iorbita
  • Premium Member
Hi,
it was my intention to manage this issue via robots.txt file and with a canonical address, thanks again for your interest, but too bad that Joomdev didn't intervene once in this post.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by iorbita.

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 1 week ago #31250

• Laros0210
I created a set of hyperlinks on the backend main homepage, to open pagebuilder pages. But I got an error 'Error You are not permitted

URL pages created with JD PageBuilder 3 months 1 week ago #31251

• Laros0210
I created a set of hyperlinks on the backend main homepage, to open page builder pages. But I got an error 'Error You are not permitted

Hr express
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Laros0210.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds
Cron Job Starts