Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Обновление Page Builder

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31385

• маккур
  • Thank you received: 1
Good day!
Please help me in resolving the issue, it itself does not work ((
I updated the Astroid Framework, after that I got an error both on the site and in the joomla admin panel. I rolled back the data, updated Joomla and downloaded the new Astroid Framework, but now there are no pages and categories in Builder. And the site looks like this ((Maybe I need to update Page Builder? I have a pro version. How can I update it? Only the regular version is available for download on your site.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31386

• lousyfool
  • Thank you received: 4
Double post: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...site-stopped-working

Please see my last post over there in that other thread regarding cache clearing.

The JD page Builder you get here under your downloads -> extensions. Or directly under this link: www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/jd-builder-pro

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31387

• маккур
lousyfool wrote:
Double post: www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/...site-stopped-working

Please see my last post over there in that other thread regarding cache clearing.

The JD page Builder you get here under your downloads -> extensions. Or directly under this link: www.joomdev.com/my-downloads/jd-builder-pro

Yes, of course, the cache is cleared wherever possible. Installed on new JD Builder - Pro, but nothing changed

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31388

• lousyfool
Well, strangely your site is up and running now...

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31389

• маккур
lousyfool wrote:
Well, strangely your site is up and running now...
Это не странно. PHP изменила на версию 7.4. Хотя до обновления было 8.0. Огромное спасибо за помощь!

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31390

• lousyfool
See, not an Astroid or Page Builder issue (no one said they're fully compatible with PHP 8.x), but rather caused by user's "too much updating at once".

Next time you intend to update anything:

1. Create a full, working, restorable backup.
2. Make sure you only use versions which are compatible with each other and the underlying server components.
3. Plan your updates, do them step by step, in a "common sense" order.
4. Set Joomla error reporting to maximum, plus keep anele on the browser console for JS errors and/or404 errors on elements (you have a few).
4. Run tests in between steps, in case of trouble narrow down the culprit, eventually roll back.
5. Clear caches. All of them.
6. At the very end, eventually change server settings such as PHP version.
7. Always keep in mind:
- The latest version is not always the greatest, especially there's a high risk or even the fact of incompatibility.
- Don't fix what isn't broken. (Means that, unless there are really good reasons such as fixes of security vulnerabilities or annoying bugs, or valuable new features available, think carefully if you really need to update what's actually working fine.)

Now, please go, edit your first post in this thread and add "(SOLVED)" in front of the subject.
And many thanks for not posting multiple threads on the same issue in the future.

Amen. :)

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31393

• маккур
lousyfool wrote:
See, not an Astroid or Page Builder issue (no one said they're fully compatible with PHP 8.x), but rather caused by user's "too much updating at once".

Next time you intend to update anything:

1. Create a full, working, restorable backup.
2. Make sure you only use versions which are compatible with each other and the underlying server components.
3. Plan your updates, do them step by step, in a "common sense" order.
4. Set Joomla error reporting to maximum, plus keep anele on the browser console for JS errors and/or404 errors on elements (you have a few).
4. Run tests in between steps, in case of trouble narrow down the culprit, eventually roll back.
5. Clear caches. All of them.
6. At the very end, eventually change server settings such as PHP version.
7. Always keep in mind:
- The latest version is not always the greatest, especially there's a high risk or even the fact of incompatibility.
- Don't fix what isn't broken. (Means that, unless there are really good reasons such as fixes of security vulnerabilities or annoying bugs, or valuable new features available, think carefully if you really need to update what's actually working fine.)

Now, please go, edit your first post in this thread and add "(SOLVED)" in front of the subject.
And many thanks for not posting multiple threads on the same issue in the future.

Amen. :)

The next time I update something, I will update it. And if problems arise, when I understand that their solution lies beyond my knowledge, I will definitely turn here. Since I find professional help here. It makes me happy and gives me peace. It is especially encouraging when the helper realizes that those who ask for help do not always understand technical slang.
P.S Are you a moderator?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

Обновление Page Builder 1 month 1 week ago #31394

• lousyfool
маккур wrote:
Are you a moderator?
Nope.

Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds
Cron Job Starts