fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Permissions

Permissions 1 month 1 week ago #31398

My Permissions are Locked I can not change them.
How do I unlock them?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Permissions 1 month 1 week ago #31399

• lousyfool
  • Thank you received: 4
JD Page Builder is no different in this regard from J! articles, categories or similar. Means it's according to J! conventions, behaves normal and as can be expected.

It depends on you and your configuration, so it takes you to understand Joomla permission rules and applying them:

In such instances, child groups can only do the same or less than their parent. Means, a child can inherit from its parent or be denied, but can not be allowed if the parent is denied.

By default, "Manager" is set to "Inherited" = allowed, so I guess you've changed most perms for "Manager" to "Denied". So, now its child "Language Minotaur" is denied as well: it cannot do more than the parent, so it cannot be allowed.
Here you will experience the same behaviour with "Administrator", who elsewhere can do more than "Manager", but not in these instances.

So, two options for a solution:

1. Either give "Manager" their perms back and set it back to "inherited". Then "Language Minotaur" can be allowed as well by setting it to either inherited or allowed.

2. Or configure the user group "Language Minotaur" to be a child of "Public" (instead of "Manager"), then set its basic perms under System -> Global Configuration -> Permissions tab (e.g. identical to "Manager"), and finally set its permissions per backend instance as you need them. (E.g., then "Language Minotaur" could have greater perms than "Manager" for JD Builder categories.)

If you need professional and affordable help due to a lack of experience or in-depth knowledge of web development etc, including Joomla, config, structure & design, customisations or avoidance/fixing of errors: contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (English or German)
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by lousyfool.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Cron Job Starts