fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Trouble Creating Hero Section 2

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13871

• kevinmo
  • Thank you received: 5
I setup the demo so I could see how you did it but no matter what I have tried I cannot get the two forms to work like in the demo. I have double checked and everything is identical to the demo but my forms are in a vertical row, dont have the icons that you click . What did I miss that is making this not work?

ns1cog.com/advancedc/
The topic has been locked.

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13875

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Kevin,
I'll let Chandan reply to this one, since he's the one who create the template originally.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13876

• admin
  • Administrator
Kevin,
I'll let Chandan reply to this one, since he's the one who create the template originally.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinmo

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13882

• kevinmo
Thank you, I await his reply...;)

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13894

• Lalit Kumar
  • Thank you received: 101
Hello,

1. Set the Default Editor on CodeMirror.
See steps: www.screencast.com/t/hucvCdCXVqJ

2. Replace again your code with the following code.
Get the code from here:- gist.github.com/lalitkumarjoomdev/da3551...c532b1bdb9679094fb62
Try this and let us know.

Thanks,
Lalit
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at JoomDev and let the world know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinmo

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13914

• kevinmo
Thanks Lalit, that did fix some alignment issues but I can ensure JCE does not change this. I still cannot get the same effect you did with the icons and the ability to switch the form from office to residential. Where did you setup the icons and the switching ability?

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13920

• Lalit Kumar
  • Thank you received: 101
Sorry for your inconvenience.
I have made some changes to the demo code. Please replace again your code with the following code.
Get the code from here:- gist.github.com/lalitkumarjoomdev/da3551...c532b1bdb9679094fb62
If this does not work then tell us

Thanks,
Lalit
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at JoomDev and let the world know about it.

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13938

• kevinmo
Thanks for your efforts Lalit, these changes are similar to ones I did the other day and did not work. The page is currently setup with the new code and yet it is still not working. I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out how you got the icons to work and how you got the two modules to line up? I have checked everywhere I can think of and I cannot even find where you was able to get the two form modules to line up like in the demo. Its like there is some magic working that you have and we end users are not privy to it...;)

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13939

• admin
  • Administrator
Kevin,

Did you try out the quickstart?

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,

Trouble Creating Hero Section 2 2 years 8 months ago #13941

• kevinmo
Yes, that is what I have been using to create what I have for my site. If you are asking if I have used the it to build my site the answer is no and I will not ever use a demo site, go through the convoluted process of deleting all the content built in it and then add my extensions and configurations to make it my own. That is absurd and only for those that dont know Joomla or how to build websites. Thing is if this cant be recreated there is something wrong with it and there is clearly something not making sense with how this was setup, or I am missing a key step to reproduce it (hense opening this thread).

Beyond using a demo site to build a new site from, by default very little if anything is ever deleted from the database when something that is not needed is either deleted or removed. This cause bloat in the database that can lead to slow downs and is just wrong. Unfortunately there has yet been an extension or method created that goes through a site and removes all the redundant crap in the database that is no longer used. In a perfect world the Joomla team would build an option in the delete process where the end user could opt to remove ALL of an extension when being deleted but for whatever reason they have ignored all of our requests for such a useful piece of code!
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by kevinmo.
  • Page:
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
Cron Job Starts