fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality.

How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality. 9 months 4 weeks ago #29009

• VCHCP
  • Thank you received: 1
Status: I'm in the process of converting my existing website to Astroid Framework from a different framework. I am trying to make my site work with the JD Dental template.

Problem: I cannot get a secondary menu to display in certain module positions. (In fact, I can't even get the "Banner" position to appear at all as a position option. I should probably make that it's own forum question.) And when I do get the secondary menu to appear using various available module positions, it's exploded down the page and doesn't have the dropdown functionality.

My secondary menu is pre-existing (built in Joomla before I installed Astroid) and I need it to be visible only on certain pages. I need that menu to sit just under the Main menu on those specific pages and have dropdown functionality.
Mike H
Ventura County Health Care Plan
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by VCHCP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality. 9 months 3 weeks ago #29044

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 652
Hello,

Please read this documentation. If possible please share the site URL. So I can assist you better.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Switching_templates

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality. 9 months 3 weeks ago #29059

• VCHCP
Hi Chandan,

Thanks for your response.

I've read the documentation, and just reviewed it again, but I don't see anything that gives me the fix for this. I want to be very clear that I have had no problem converting my site to Astroid. I'm only having a problem making additional menus show up and work properly.

The secondary menu (A menu for archived items) is using the JD Dental template. I manually did this for each menu item.

Here's a link to a page on my site that shows the secondary (archive) menu which is statically unfolded down the page. I'm trying to get it to behave as a normal dropdown menu:

dev.vchealthcareplan.org/members/health-...c-100-employees.html

Attached: A screenshot of the exploded menu.
Attachments:
Mike H
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by VCHCP.

How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality. 9 months 3 weeks ago #29090

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the site URL but unfortunately it's not working.

I think you want a dropdown functionality in the menu module. If your answer is Yes. Sorry to say you can't get dropdown functionality in the menu module. But you can do it yourself via write some CSS.

Thanks,
Chandan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality. 9 months 2 weeks ago #29225

• VCHCP
Sorry, the URL is working now. Someone at the County mistakenly put a re-direct on everything, indiscriminately. It's been fixed.

Okay, I just need to figure out where CSS is loaded for Astroid and I'll try that.
Mike H
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by VCHCP.

How to display a secondary menu that only appears on certain pages and has dropdown functionality. 9 months 2 weeks ago #29232

• chandandeep
  • Administrator
Don't override the template core CSS/SCSS file. Because on template update your code will be removed. So the best way is to create your own CSS/SCSS file and write the code in it. See this documentation.

How to add custom CSS or SCSS files
Thank You,

The following user(s) said Thank You: VCHCP
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds
Cron Job Starts