fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SOLVED)Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14170

• mpr
I have been using JD Focus template for two years now. Now several components and modules need updates. Here are some issues I am having -
- Unable to backup using Akeeba. HTTP Error.
- Because of the above, unable to install any updates without a backup.
- Unable to install new modules and components
- PHP Mail stopped working. When I send a test mail "Could not instantiate mail function" and "Test mail could not be sent" appears
Without php mail most of my forms are unable to send emails..

Can the developer please help? Constant updates to the templates are really important to ensure that customers continue to trust and use the templates. Many thanks.
The topic has been locked.

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14178

• ImageVillage
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
What PHP version is your site using?
What version of Joomla are you running?
What version of JD Focus template are you using?
What modules and/or components/plugins are you trying to install or having issues with? Have you looked at the developer update release notes to check they are compatible with your site?

As a designer I come across this a lot with people building their own sites, nothing lasts forever and things change, always be prepared to deal with outdated or unsupported elements in websites, use well know and experienced developers. This is just part of managing websites, it happens all the time.

You can create a back-up of your site using cPanel if you have access, just zip and download the public_html folder if your hosting service provider does not have jet back-up or any back-up tools available to you. Then use phpmyadmin also in cPanel and just download the SQL database your site is using, you now have a hard copy.

Also ask your hosting company if they offer automated back-up/recovery on your account, I do this for ALL my clients in case of exploits or a client destroying data or damaging their website. I would strongly advise you have this.

Hope this helps you to resolve your issues.
If you can be anything in this world, be kind!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14199

• mpr
PHP Version 7.1.24-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Joomla 3.8.2
JD Focus release 1.2 dated 15 Nov 2018
Trying to update or reinstall Akeeba Backup. I get a HTTP 500 Error everytime.
Per the developer updates, this should be compatible.
I am hosting this on a dedicated Server on DO.

Thanks for your help.
mpr wrote:
I have been using JD Focus template for two years now. Now several components and modules need updates. Here are some issues I am having -
- Unable to backup using Akeeba. HTTP Error.
- Because of the above, unable to install any updates without a backup.
- Unable to install new modules and components
- PHP Mail stopped working. When I send a test mail "Could not instantiate mail function" and "Test mail could not be sent" appears
Without php mail most of my forms are unable to send emails..

Can the developer please help? Constant updates to the templates are really important to ensure that customers continue to trust and use the templates. Many thanks.

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14204

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hello,

Please note that the template is really just one small part of your website. HTTP errors and mail errors have something to do with the server. Try contacting your web host and see if they can help you with the stuff.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14236

• mpr
Thanks Chetan. So If I upgrade the php version to 7.3 and Joomla to 3.9.5 you do not anticipate any issues with compatibility with the template?

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14260

• mpr
Chetan - I contacted DO support and they checked out and said there is nothing wrong from their side. What intrigues me is whatever was working just fine has crashed, and this happened after I updated to the latest version of the template files. I checked on the comments section of themeforest if anyone else has issues like mine, but none has posted there. I request you to take a look into this...

Website with JD Focus template slowly crumbling - please hel 3 years 2 months ago #14293

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hello,

We are actively developing for PHP 7.2 at the moment and you may or may not encounter issues with PHP 7.3. I suggest you move to PHP 7.2 for now.
Again, the error above are not related to the template but something on a server level. If you want, ask your web host for PHP errors if any and post them back here.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds
Cron Job Starts