fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Verify registration results in 403 error

Verify registration results in 403 error 1 year 4 days ago #27490

Hi
I'm not sure whether this is a template issue, but the only similar issue I found was here: forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=146092.msg519488#msg519488
Only I don't have the virtuemart module/plugin so can't apply the fix.
So as users create an account on www.astrosounds.be/component/users/?view=registration they receive an e-mail asking to verify the account after which an admin (me) will activate the account. Now 75% of the time clicking the verify account link results in a 403 error, the other 25% it's happy days thank you for verifying, an admin will activate your account shortly.
I am aware of the one-timelink, I've been using testaccounts and only click the link once. Usually it's the links which I click on using my smartphone that go through without a hitch, but... not always. It is pretty much always that the ones I click on pc result in the 403.
Funny thing though is that clicking the verify link actually works, because I always receive an email right after stating user x has registered and verified account, please activate (or something like that :) ) They don't click the link, logically nothing happens.
I have double checked to Allow User Registration and New User Account Activation is set to admin, how I want it.
Any tips to resolve the issue are much appreciated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Verify registration results in 403 error 1 year 3 days ago #27516

  • nishtha
  • nishtha's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2436
  • Thank you received: 218
  • Karma: 36
Hi,

We'll check this and let you know.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Cron Job Starts