fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Template problems with pages + Multiple languages pages

Template problems with pages + Multiple languages pages 1 year 2 months ago #25940

• Nina_v
Hello,
Im currently making a site where I need to have a button where they can switch to different languages.
In my default template, I made this without a problem and all my pages were linked to each other. Now that I want to change to the JD NewYork template (i try to use it now), nothing is linked to each other and my whole site is looking very chaotic. I want to have website where the pages are in Dutch, French and English. In my default template, i could switch without a problem but here my whole site is changing and it doestn't appear properly.

I don't really understand how i can link my old pages to this new template since i want to keep the structure of my current website but I want to use a better layout (JD New York) + the possibility of switching to different languages while using the site.

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance,
Nina
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Template problems with pages + Multiple languages pages 1 year 2 months ago #25952

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi Nina,

Hoping you have correctly integrated the multi language feature in JD New York it should be working.
Please follow the steps mentioned here and confirm if this was all you followed: docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Multilingua...talling_New_Language

And please try to share screenshots of your issue what exactly is going wrong.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.

Template problems with pages + Multiple languages pages 1 year 2 months ago #25972

• Nina_v
Hi Nishtha,

Normally I integrated the multi language feature since I've been using it for my default page (see pic Template Safegound language)
When i Try to use the NewYork template i get the results as you can see in pic "template NY" and "template NY menu". I Just want to have one horizontal menu and above this my top bar with my contacts + a top bar with button for multiple languages. Right now I have several vertical menus and you don't really see the current page because of this..
+ my language plugin appears from below but when I try to put it next to my other top bar but on the right side, it disappears.

I hope you can help me with this!
And one small other question: can you make form builders (to request quotations etc) with this template?

Kind regards,
Nina
Attachments:

Template problems with pages + Multiple languages pages 1 year 2 months ago #26008

• nishtha
  • Thank you received: 218
Hi Nina,

Make sure you have assigned the language switcher on a position that is available with JD New York template also and not just your default template.

And for the other question if you are asking to create a Form in this template then you can use our JD Simple Contact Form extension for creating forms.

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

To know more about products check out the their documentation.
Moderators: chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds
Cron Job Starts