fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 9 months ago #20415

• Wella
Hi,

We are using JD Simple contact form. If there’s any possibility to block this? Please let us know and we like to inform you with this so you know what’s happening with your very nice module.

Today they surpassed our contact form with spam I am wondering how do they surpass it while Google “I’m not a robot” catpcha is ON(used)?

The email address seems to be already blocked so we are probably not the only one:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards,

Wella
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 9 months ago #20420

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 647
Hi Wella,

Thanks for the submission. Let us run some tests on this and see what we can do to add further spam protection in here.

Thanks,
Chetan
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 8 months ago #20910

Hi,
Is there any update on this issue? I am also using the JD Simple Contact Form on my website and I noticed that I can send a message even when the "I'm not a robot" is not checked. There is no difference whether this checkbox is checked or not. Under plugins section only the reCaptcha is active, invisible reCaptcha is disabled. The generated key is for reCAPCTHA v2.

Best Regards,
Adam

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 8 months ago #20934

• akash
  • Thank you received: 30
Hey Adam,

I just tested the form with both the captcha plugins and you're right. The form submits when the captcha is not filled but the message is not sent, it's just not showing the warning after submitting the form without a captcha.

And in case of Ajax submission, everything's working fine.

I'm going to fix this in the next update and let you know about that here.

Thanks,
Akash
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 8 months ago #20935

• akash
Hi Wella,

Some advance bots can still pass the captcha easily. One thing you can try is to increase the security preferences in your Google Captcha settings.

Probably it'll do the trick.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Thank You,

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 8 months ago #20955

Hi Akash,

In my case the form submits and the message is always sent, in both cases: with Ajax enabled and without it.

Best regards,
Adam
The following user(s) said Thank You: akash

Spammers surpassed the contact form even with recaptcha 1 year 8 months ago #20965

• akash
Adam,

Yes, I can see the issue now.

Let me fix this issue and will release an update soon on this. Thanks for pointing out.

I will get back with an update. :cheer:

Thanks.
Thank You,
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by akash.
Moderators: akash, chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds
Cron Job Starts