fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "going up" when typing text, if checkbox is unchecked

"going up" when typing text, if checkbox is unchecked 3 months 2 weeks ago #31211

• tacitus
Just installed the JDSCF, still have to figure out how to change the texcolor within the fields (but thats not the topic)...
...all worked fine if you fill out all forms from the beginning to the end and don´t forget to check the checkbox.

But: If you forgot any required field (error message is shown correctly) and you now want to fill the missing fields, the site is scrolling up so that the field you are just writing in will be above the displayed browser window?! Strange.. but why?

You can have a look at the problem here: w1055194.checkdomain.net/
I am using joomly 4.0.2, with a Astroid template (tp_ultimate).
Thanks a lot in advantage!!!

(perhaps you do have an issue where I can find the css defining the textcolor of the fields as well?! :-))
Cheers
Tacitus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"going up" when typing text, if checkbox is unchecked 3 months 2 weeks ago #31217

• akash
  • Thank you received: 30
Hi Tacitus,

The scroll works when a user hasn't filled the right details in the form and it'll take the user to that particular field by scrolling.

The scroll is intended. It's just because of the sticky header, the window is hidden.

Else, it's working fine.

Thanks,
Akash
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.

"going up" when typing text, if checkbox is unchecked 3 months 2 weeks ago #31218

• tacitus
Hi akash!
Thanks a lot for that quick reply!
This might be a nice feature but will not work good with a sticky header as you mentioned.
...is there a way to turn it of, because I would like to use the sticky header as well? ...or a possibility to fit the scoll to the header, that the filed will not be hidden?
Thanks!

"going up" when typing text, if checkbox is unchecked 3 months 2 weeks ago #31223

• akash
  • Thank you received: 30
Tacitus,

Currently, JDSCF doesn't provide the control for enabling/disabling the scroll.

Though, you can remove the code of scrolling from the module so it'll not scroll when form fields are left empty.

Just follow the steps:

Go to tmpl/default.php and remove the lines from #161 - #168, and it'll stop the scrolling.

Let me know, how it goes.

Thanks,
Akash
Thank You,
If you like our support and products, tweet us at joomdev and let the world know about it.
Moderators: akash, chandandeep
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Cron Job Starts